2019 South Atlantic Fire Rescue Expo/Annual Conference Grant
The WNCAFF has Four Scholarship Opportunities
- Three (3) $1,500.00 scholarships will be awarded by the Association to an accredited community college, two year college or a four year university/college.
- One (1) $1,500.00 Gene Gladdin Scholarship will be selected by the Gladdin Family and will be awarded by the association to an accredited community college, two year college or four year university/college.
- Applicant must be a member or dependent of a member of sponsor fire department since July 1, 2018.
The same application will be used for all scholarships. All applications will be done electronically. Before starting the application you will need to have the following.
- You will need a Google or Gmail account and sign into it when completing the application form.
- You will need a letter of reference from the chief of the fire department that you are applying through.
- You will need to write a personal statement with a maximum limit of 600 words. This maybe done in a document then copy and pasted into the form.
- You will need at least two letters of references to include information about work ethic and character. More weight will be given for letters from educators or employers.
- You will need a digital copy of all the above letters, preferably in PDF format but a document or image fill will be accepted. The max size for any one file will be 100 mb. The files will need to be save in the following format, LastName_LetterName IE Jones_Chief Letter
- Must be received by May 1st.